Frozen Lemonade Slushie
A frozen lemonade slushie is the perfect summertime treat, that's healthy too!
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love lemonade in the summer. In Austin, Texas where I live, we've had weeks of triple digit heat. I broke out the blender and made one of my favorite icy drinks this week - my frozen lemonade slushie.
Not only does it cool you off, it's hydrating and cleansing with real lemons. You just can't beat real lemon drinks!
This one is from my Power Blender Revolution Paperback, and believe me when I tell you it's a must-try for this time of year.
- 1 cup cold coconut water
- 2 small lemons, peeled and halved
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 10 drops liquid stevia extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey, or to taste
- Add the coconut water, lemons, ice, stevia extract and honey or agave to your blender container.
- Blend on high until fully combined and smooth, but still icy. If you overblend the machine will heat up and melt the mixture. Serve immediately.
- Drink them out of our perfect juice bottles. Our smoothie straws are great for sipping these up, too. These won't save well in the fridge because it's got ice, but ideal for making on-the-spot summer drinks.
Note: I don't like a lot of sugar (and I love a sour lemon flavor) so I put a minimal amount in this recipe, if you like more, add more.