Wheatgrass benefits. Soooo many good ones.
Wheatgrass benefits are huge. It’s one of the most widely used supplemental foods. It has a large amount of natural vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and enzymes that feed your cells. By feeding your cells these complete nutrients, it helps your body to detoxify toxins. Wheatgrass benefits make it perfect for athletes, health conscious, mommies, kids, pets, dieters or anyone that suffers from ill health or wants to prevent ailments.
Why should you include these little green wheatgrass shots in your diet and what are the benefits?
We’ll review the specific reasons below, but the bottom line is, it’s a nutritionally complete food which will repair your blood (the life of your body) and give your body what it needs to function properly.
Disease and ailments occur for one of two reasons. 1) Malnutrition 2) Toxicity. Wheatgrass addresses these two issues. It will feed your body some very important nutrition (including the benefits of chlorophyll), and by doing this, it will clean your blood and also remove toxins from your cells. People that take it long enough, even without changes in their regular diet have seen positive changes.
Here is a list of wheatgrass benefits
- Nutritionally complete food. Contains a full spectrum of vitamins, (thirteen essential minerals) dozens of trace elements and enzymes. In fact, literally hundreds of enzymes have been discovered in cereal grasses. Further studies will probably discover more because grass is loaded with them. Our bodies need a wide range of vitamins, minerals and elements to function properly. Wheatgrass is a quick and easy way to ensure you get them, as well as repair damaged cells and heal and prevent disease. Studies by scientists have shown it to never be toxic in animals or humans.
- More energy. Low energy is a result of a poor diet that cannot be replenished. Cereal grasses provide immediate energy and alertness. It will feed you nutritionally and rid of the toxins that are clogging your cells and blocking your natural energy flow.
- Longer days. The first thing that people notice when using wheatgrass is that it allows them the endurance they always wanted. It gives you stamina to keep going.
- Reverses illness. Anytime you are feeding your cells and detoxifying them, miraculous things may happen! It’s one of the most powerful and safest healing aid there is. It has the ablity to strengthen the whole body by encouraging its immune system. And when your immune system is empowered, your body will know what to do with the baddies lurking inside. It seeks out and destroys. The combination of nutritional, chemical and energetic qualities in cereal grasses enable your body to overcome any objection. Many people and studies have reported reversing of major health problems through the supplementation of wheatgrass.
- Protection of toxins- including aging and combats free radicals. We have so much pollution in our air and water these days. It gets into our systems and bog it down. It causes us to age quicker and blocks the flow in our bodies. One way to combat this is to strengthen our internal defenses with wheatgrass. If our elimination systems are working efficiently, then poisons won’t stay in our bloodstream as long, and toxins will pass through our lungs quicker. This reduces the chance of damage and free radicals.
- Rejuvenates blood. Young blood = healthy blood = a healthy body. When your blood is clean and not gunked up with filfth, it clean and healthy. Blood runs the entire length of our body, carrying nutrients to our organs and is the river of life inside of us. When it’s dirty and old, it’s not good. Keeping your blood in tip top shape will ensure you live a healthy and disease free life. Wheatgrass benefits blood by keeping it clean. It feeds it nutritionally so that it rejuvenates the cells to operate properly.
- Helps some shed pounds by detoxifying the body. Helps speed up blood circulation and metabolism and enhancing digestion, which can reduce excess fat in the body. Enzymes in wheatgrass and raw food contribute to weight loss in many people.
- DNA repair. There have been a number of doctors that have done experiments and studies on DNA. Wheatgrass has shown to have the ability of repairing DNA. Cereal grasses have regenerative and productivity increasing effect by assisting the cells in their normal repair processes. This alone means so much. By fixing damaged DNA in our bodies, would this ward off diseases, even cancer? Many people think so.
- Blood cleansing and building abilities of chlorophyll. Dr Bernard Jensen is known for building clean blood through greens (chlorophyll). He used green juices and wheatgrass benefits as a basis for his healing programs. He was able to double red blood cells by merely having his patients soak in wheatgrass baths or drinking wheatgrass/green juices. The hemoglobin is very close to the make up of chlorophyll. Find more about the wheatgrass benefits of chlorophyll.
- Wheatgrass enzymes are special It is said that enzymes are one of the most important factors of wheatgrass benefits. When you include these enzymes in your diet, it supports your body to manufacture other enzymes. Some of the most important are: cyto-chrome oxidase (required for cell respiration), lipase (fat splitting enzyme), protese (protein digestant), amylase (starch digestion), catalase (helps breakdown of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen in body tissues), peroxidase (similar to catalase), transhydrogenase (aids in keeping muscle tissue of heart toned), superoxide dismutase. When enzymes decrease as we get older, the body’s ability to handle fats, proteins, and excess calories weakens, which could be part of the reason behind premature aging and overweight problems that we are plagued with today. It’s also interesting that in studies of cancer patients, three of these enzymes (cytochrome oxidase, peroxidase, catalase) have very low concentrations in their cells. In a healthy body with healthy blood cells, they are found in high concentrations.
- Builds blood and stimulates circulation. It is the quality of our blood determines the strength of our bones and muscle firmness. Blood rich in iron brings more oxygen to the cells which promotes youth and prevents senility. If we don’t have healthy rich blood to carry nutrients to every cell in our body, we suffer from poor health.
- Stimulates and regenerates the liver The liver is the main organ of detoxification in the body. It performs more than 500 different functions. One of wheatgrass benefits is that it has shown to improve liver functioning.
- Deodorizes body Many studies have been done on the effect chlorophyll has in reducing body odors and fecal odor. Dr. H Westcott did a study in 1950 found that 100 milligrams of chlorophyll is as good as any deodorant. It successfully neutralizes offensive odors in foods, tobacco and alcohol in a test tube. In his patients and volunteers, it showed to reduce menstrual odors, bad breath, sweat odor, and bad smelling urine and stools. Two Japanese scientists (Morshita and Hotta) did a study that is quite interesting. They gave volunteers garlic to eat, followed by 12 grams of chlorophyll. In twenty minutes, the garlic was not detected in 8 of the 10 volunteers.
More on juicing cereal grasses
The best wheatgrass juicers
How to grow wheatgrass
Other uses (baths, enemas, cuts, boils)
Wheatgrass for your pets
How to supplement with cereal grass shots (how much to take, juice and smoothie recipes)
Return from Wheatgrass Benefits to Wheatgrass Main Page